Thursday, December 29, 2011

2011 Overview: A great year for music

It has been one exciting year for me personally. This past year, I turned 18, graduated from high school, and started my freshman year at Creighton University as a Finance/Marketing double major. Musically, this has also been a great year. Some of my favorite bands put out new albums, I discovered great new artists, and saw probably 75+ artists perform. I also got a taste of working a music festival; I was on the production team for MAHA Music Festival. That was one of the coolest experiences I have ever experienced and I am all ready psyched for next year. To top it all off, I fulfilled a dream of going to my first major music festival, Lollapalooza in Chicago. The festival was so remarkable, I plan to make it a yearly thing.

Top songs of 2011

10. Lonely Boy - The Black Keys

9. Romance - Wild Flag

8. Rope - Foo Fighters

7. Barton Hollow - The Civil Wars

6. You Are A Tourist - Death Cab For Cutie

5. Get Burned - Sleeper Agent
4. Young Blood - The Naked and Famous

3.Paradise - Coldplay

2. Lost In My Mind - The Head and The Heart

1. Don't Carry It All - The Decemberists

Top Albums
10. Afterlife - Paul Simon
9. Nine Types of Life - TV On the Radio
8. Angles - The Strokes
7. Wild Flag - Wild Flag
6. Celebrasion - Sleeper Agent
5. Mylo Xyloto - Coldplay
4. El Camino - The Black Keys
3. Wasting Light - Foo Fighters
2. The Head and The Heart - The Head and The Heart
1. The King Is Dead - The Decemberists

Top Shows of 2011
5. Queens of the Stone Age
April 2, 2011 at Sokol Auditorium in Omaha, NE
4. Bright Eyes
June 4, 2011 at Westfair Amphitheater in Council Bluffs, IA
3. Foo Fighters
May 23, 2011 at Mid-America Center in Council Bluffs and August 5th at Grant Park in Chicago, IL
2. The Head and The Heart
July 26th in Cleveland, OH and October 9, 2011 at The Waiting Room in Omaha, NE
1. The Decemberists
April 17, 2011 at Holland Performing Arts Center in Omaha, NE and July 26th in Cleveland, OH

No comments:

Post a Comment